Tuesday, January 28, 2014

mini swoon


Another finish for January! This is the mini version of the Swoon Quilt by Thimble Blossoms.

The individual blocks are 8 inches finished. There were lots of points to avoid chopping off and lots of seams to match.... it really challenged me! A good exercise in precise cutting and perfect 1/4 inch seams (if you look closely you'll see I still have a ways to go! I did my best). It was fun to make totally out of my scrap bin. Do you enjoy making minis too?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love minis. I don't understand how to make a regular pattern into a mini. Any suggestions?
Natalie natmax68@gmail.com

Chantal said...

I love making mini's! Your mini Swoon just makes me SWOON! So gorgeous. Great job Ellen!

Wendi said...

I love this little mini and it looks great! This one make me want to get one done very soon!

Sally said...

This is adorable! I love this pattern! I have the full size version, which I have not made yet, but someday. I think it's awesome that you made it all out of scraps.

Debbie said...

I love minis too and can't wait to try my own mini Swoon. Yours looks awesome!

Melissa said...

This is so cute - I like the colors!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Bah. From this distance, it looks perfect! Wanna make one for me?? Gives you more mini practice. ;)

prsd4tim2 said...

Ellyn, your mini swoon is awesome!! I really love it. I've been dying to try one or two of Camille's minis - especially the umbrellas, since I'm originally from Seattle. I think it would be a hoot to make one for my sister for her birthday since she always complains about the rain. But your swoon is very tempting. I just might have to dig in that scrap bin. Heaven knows I have enough of them.