Thursday, February 12, 2015

crafting on the road

What do you do when you're away from home for an extended period of time and have lots of down time on your hands as you wait on answers (and hide from the snow?). Well, if you're me, you find some crafty projects and get busy. And you take all of your pictures with your iPhone because, well, your camera is back at home! 

Two more hats have been crocheted for the hat collection at home (actually three. hmmm that third hat didn't make the photo shoot I guess!)
And then my sis requested a hat for a special baby friend of hers. In Ohio State colors of course! After I made the first one (lower) I thought it might be too small, so I made another. Maybe he will get to wear both! I hope so. The free pattern for this hat is here. It's a great pattern in sizes from newborn to adult! There will be more of these.


 I mentioned that I ordered a sewing machine for my sister (ok, it's for me to use now & her to use later!) Well it arrived on Tuesday and despite it's reasonable price it sews just beautifully!
 First up was a pillowcase for Ally in fabrics she had chosen....

What have you been making lately?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Such cute hats! Of course it sews beautifully - that's the one I have! LOL

Sally said...

I love the crocheted hats! Great colors :)

At least you are able to keep getting your craft on, even if you have to be away from home for a while :(