Sunday, July 19, 2015

bee blocks for Lisa

I'm so happy that I am on the ball this month... my bee blocks to be given to Lisa at our August guild meeting are already done! Lisa gave us each the bright pink and the green solid fabrics below & asked us to make 2 of the 30 blocks from Piece N Quilt's 30 days of Sewing Quilt Blocks. We could make any blocks we want to and use fabric from our stash for the rest of the block. Here's my pink block.... yes, I did indeed choose the block with the most half square triangles and a gazillion points to match. And yes, I did tackle this block in the evening when I was way overtired. DUMB!
 It's an awesome block pattern, but I did a less than stellar job, so I decided not to count it as one of the two blocks I give Lisa. I'll give it to her and let her decide whether she wants to put it in her quilt, or possibly use it to line a hamster cage, hahahaha. I wouldn't blame her a bit.

Anyways, my green block went together much better. Why yes, indeed, I chose a much simpler block this time (I'm not THAT stupid!)
 And a pink block remake, this block I really love! Would love to do a whole quilt of these some day....
Otherwise, there's been lots of secret sewing going on here, some of which I'll be able to share with you soon. Hope you're having some sewing days this summer too!

1 comment:

Maria said...

You weren't happy with your first block??Looks ok...
Love the other blocks ..